FANTECH GROUP COMPANIES
To ensure all individuals are aware of how the Fantech Group Companies* collect and hold personal information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) as contained in the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy legislation).
Fantech Group has adopted the Layered Privacy Notice format. This document provides you with a succinct overview of how Fantech Group will handle your personal information.
- Personal Information Handling Practices
Fantech Group will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means, in accordance with the Privacy legislation.
Fantech Group usually collect personal information about individuals directly from those individuals or their authorised representative/s.
Fantech Group sometimes collects personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source to the extent permissible under the Privacy legislation, but only in accordance with the relevant Privacy legislation. In limited circumstances we may receive personal information about third parties from individuals who contact us and supply us with the personal information of others in documents they provide to us in the course of providing goods and services to those parties.
Fantech Group only collects and uses personal information for purposes which are reasonably necessary for, or directly related to. our business, provision of goods and services or activities under the Privacylegislationand only when it is necessary for, or directly related to, such purposes.
Use and disclosure
Fantech Group only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions, services or activities.
Fantech Group do not give personal information about an individual to other Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Fantech Group takes steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by individuals that their personal information has changed and at other times as we become aware of any changes.
Fantech Group take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. The measures taken to protect personal information include password protection for accessing our electronic information, paper files being in locked cabinets, access restrictions and conducting staff training on how to protect personal information we hold.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
- Individuals access to personal information
- Our obligations
- Disclosure to overseas organisations
Fantech Group will only transfer personal information to an organisation overseas that is part of or is related to the Fantech Group of companies and/or suppliers of goods and services to the Fantech Group, and then only if:
- we know that the recipient is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds the principles for the fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to those under the Privacy legislation; or
- the individual consents to the transfer; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the individual and Fantech Group (or related pre-contractual measures); or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the individual between Fantech Group and a third party; or
- the transfer is for the benefit of the individual, and it is impracticable to obtain the consent of the individual, and if it were practicable to obtain consent, the individual would be likely to give it; or
- Fantech Group has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information will not be handled by the recipient inconsistently with the Privacy legislation.
Fantech Group is also part of the Elta Group of companies. The disclosures described above may also be made, where relevant, to the Elta Group of companies.
The countries in which Fantech Group companies, and/or Elta Group companies, and/or our suppliers are located include the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, South Africa, Malaysia, India, Germany, USA, Spain, China, Taiwan, France, Singapore, Netherlands, Denmark and Thailand.
- Information collected onlineCookies and Analytics
When you browse the Fantech Group websites, contact Fantech Group electronically, or engage with Fantech Group on social media, Fantech Group may record geographical tagging, your IP address and statistical data from your activity. Fantech Group may use your personal information to customise and improve your user experience on the websites and other social media platforms.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You do not need cookies enabled on your browser to use the Fantech Group websites.
A cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of the Fantech Group websites to the fullest extent possible.
How to contact us
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can write to us at Privacy Officer, 63 Vision Street, Dandenong South Vic 3175, Australia.
Complaints and Concerns
We have procedures in place for dealing with complaints and concerns about our practices in relation to the Privacy legislation and any alleged breach of this Policy. We will respond to your complaint in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Privacy legislation.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted to discuss or attempt to resolve any complaints relating to the collection, storage and use of your personal information. For further information, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
*The Fantech Group Companies in Australia and New Zealand comprise of:
Fantech Pty. Ltd. ACN 005 434 024 – see below individual websites
Fantech (HVAC) https://www.fantech.com.au/
Fantech (energy recovery Australia) https://energyrecovery.com.au/
Fantech Trade https://fantechtrade.com.au/
Fantech Capital HVAC https://www.fantechcapitalhvac.com.au/
Air Design https://airdesign.com.au/
Elta Applied Technology https://eltafans.com.au/
Idealair Group Pty. Ltd. ACN 097 258 154 – see below individual websites
Burra Sheetmetal Pty. Ltd. ACN 145 706 065 – see below individual website
Fantech (NZ) Limited NZBN: 9429047027404 – see below individual websites
Fantech (HVAC) https://www.fantech.co.nz/ (redirects to Australian site)
Fantech Trade https://www.fantechtrade.co.nz/ (redirects to Australian site)
Fantech (energy recovery New Zealand) https://mvhr.co.nz/
Smooth-Air Products Ltd NZBN: 9429039226723 – see below individual website
NCS Acoustics Limited – NZBN 9429032126303 – see below individual website