IN-HOME WARRANTY IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE FANTECH TRADE RANGE OF CEILING MOUNTED SWEEP FANS.
The Quinton, Flair and Juliet ranges have a 2 year in home warranty service plus another 4 years on parts. The product codes are as follows:
FLR36WH, FLR36BK, FLR50WH, FLR50BK, FLR58WH, FLR58BK, FLR36WH-LED, FLR36BK-LED, FLR50WH-LED, FLR50BK-LED, FLR58WH-LED & FLR58BK-LED
The Scud range has a 2 year in home warranty service plus another 1 year on parts. The product codes are as follows:
SCU48WH, SCU48BK, SCU48CB, SCU48WH-LT, SCU48BK-LT
WARRANTY WILL NOT BE PROVIDED IF:
- There is no proof of purchase, or a “DK” number/”PO” number cannot be provided.
- Product is not operated according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Product is not installed correctly and by a qualified electrician or has been removed/disconnected after installation.
- Damage to the fan is caused by power surges or power fluctuations.
- Damage to the fan is caused by not using the supplied wall switch or a Fantech remote control.
- The product has been damaged or not correctly stored
- Product has been modified or repaired by an unauthorized person
Fantech’s Warranty does not cover damage to furnishings, walls, floors, foundations or any other loss if damage is either directly or indirectly caused from an installation performed by an unqualified person.
If the fan’s malfunction is not caused due to a manufacturing fault, the cost of the service call and repairs will be payable by the purchaser at the time of repair.
The manufacturer will not accept in home expenses unless authorisation is granted prior to work commencing and a job reference has been issued.
A call-out fee may be charged if the service call finds no fault with the ceiling fan, or the fault is not covered under the terms of this warranty.
This product is not designed or intended for industrial use.
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT FAULTS OF THE FANTECH CEILING FAN AND ARE THEREFORE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY:
- Intermittent humming noise. This is caused by variations in electrical supply and can come from your hot water service, microwave or your electricity provider sending a ripple control signal in your area.
- A wobbling fan. This is usually caused by an incorrectly installed fan or uneven blade weights. Refer to the Fantech trouble shooting guide for a possible remedy.
- Surface rust known as tea staining. All joints and stainless-steel parts must be treated with neutral oil then dried with a soft cloth. Repeated at least 4 times a year in extremely corrosive environments. If there is extensive corrosion, an abrasive paste designed to remove the stain must be used. Reapply neutral oil once stain has been removed.
- Small differences in fan speed. This can be expected and may be noticeable between fans of the same model that are mounted close to each other.
- Motor hum or vibration. Can be caused when a Fantech ceiling fan is connected to a light fitting.